There’s no one-fits-all answer to this question. The number of views your YouTube videos get will depend on various factors such as the topic, production value, length, and promotion.
But by upping your views, you can also increase your chances of being discovered by new viewers, which is essential for growing your channel and making money on YouTube.
Having said that, you can do a few things to increase your chances of getting more views. Here are some actionable tips:
How can you Increase Views on your YouTube Channel?
1. Write Attention-Grabbing Titles to Increase Views
No, we’re not encouraging you to write clickbait. Instead, focus on creating titles that accurately reflect the content of your video while being creative and interesting enough to make people want to click.
Your title should give viewers a general idea of the video. At the same time, it should be short, sweet, and to the point.
Make sure to include relevant keywords that people might search for on YouTube. It will help your video come up on search results.
Dr. Mike does a great job of this. His video titles are to the point and self-explanatory.
Here’s another creator that gets it right. Instead of just titling the video ‘’Workout for a 6 Pack’’, he makes it descriptive and inviting enough for people to click.
2. Add a Custom Thumbnail
Adding a custom thumbnail can help increase your click-through rate and, as a result, get more views.
Thumbnails are little images that give viewers a preview of your video. By default, YouTube generates random thumbnails for you to choose from. But we recommend you upload a custom thumbnail to make your video look more professional and trustworthy.
When creating a thumbnail, ensure it’s high quality and relevant to the video. Most importantly, it should be enticing enough to make viewers want to click. Take a page out of Mr. Beast’s book.
That thumbnail is descriptive of the video title. Plus, it’s on-brand for the creator.
3. Create Playlists
YouTube playlists are a great way to keep your viewers engaged with your channel while allowing them to explore new content. You can create a playlist for almost anything, whether a group of your favorite songs, a compilation of videos from a specific theme, or a series of how-to guides.
4. Use End Screens to Increase Views
Another way to get more views on your YouTube videos is to add an End Screen. An End Screen is a YouTube feature that allows you to promote other content on your channel and external websites in the last few seconds of your video.
You can use an End Screen to promote up to four videos, playlists, or channels on YouTube or link to an approved website. You can also encourage viewers to subscribe to your channel and link to your merchandise.
Firstly, it’s essential to verify your account.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll see the option to add an End Screen when you create a new video or edit an existing one. Here’s an example of how the Jimmy Fallon Show uses this feature.
5. Ask Your Audience
There’s no better way to get more views on your YouTube videos than to ask your audience what they want to watch. For example, if you have a tech channel, you can ask your audience what devices or software they want you to review.
If you have a cooking channel, you can ask your audience for recipe ideas or fun YouTube challenges. The key is to be responsive to your audience’s suggestions and give them the content they want.
You can use YouTube’s Community tab to ask your audience questions or ask them in the video itself. Either way, ensure you’re regularly asking your audience what they want to see and then delivering their desired content.
You can also use social media for this. For example, put up a question tab on your Instagram story and ask your followers what type of videos they want to see. You can also use Twitter or Facebook polls.
On the one hand, your audience’s feedback helps you set SMART digital marketing goals. On the other hand, it increases views because the audience is getting what they asked for.
6. Enable Embedding to Increase Views
When you enable embedding on your YouTube videos, your viewers can choose to embed your videos on other websites. It lets you increase the reach of your videos and helps promote your YouTube channel.
Here’s how to enable embedding:
- Go to Creator Studio.
- Go to the edit page for the video.
- In Advanced Setting, go to Distribution options and tick Allow Embedding.
If you enable embedding, people who like your videos can post them on their websites, which can help you get more views. Suppose you review gadgets on your YouTube channel.
If you enable embedding, a technology blog might embed one of your gadget reviews on their website. It could help you attract new viewers who might be interested in your channel.
7. Tap Into Influencer Marketing to Increase Views
Earth Web data revealed there are 3.2 to 37.8 million influencers worldwide, spread across YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram. That explains the increasing trend of influencer marketing, especially on social media.
You can create an influencer strategy to get more views on your YouTube videos. Here’s how to do it.
- Suppose you’re a lifestyle brand selling fashion and home decor products. You want your YouTube channel to come to life.
- Your first step is to identify the right influencers. Let’s say you’ve decided to work with three influencers with 50,000 and 100,000 followers. Or, you can work with micro-influencers to reach the niche market.
- Your next step is to contact the influencers and pitch your idea. You can offer to pay them or give some other compensation, such as free products or services.
- These influencers can post about you on their social media channels, such as Instagram and TikTok. For example, they can link to your affiliate videos in their Instagram stories.
- In this way, their followers will become aware of your channel and watch your videos. You can also ask the influencers to mention you in their YouTube videos.
The purpose of influencer marketing is to reach a larger audience. So it’s a win-win situation for both you and the influencers.
Shein, Fashion Nova, and Princess Polly are some of the many brands working with social media fashion and lifestyle influencers.
8. Follow the Best YouTube SEO Practices to Increase Views
You’ll only get more views if you appear at the top of the search results. To accomplish that, you need to step up your YouTube SEO game.
Here are a few good practices:
- Keywords in Titles and Descriptions: When people come to YouTube, they enter keywords, or phrases, to find the videos they’re looking for. You want your video to show up when those keywords are entered. So put them in your title and description. Keywordtool.io & Tube Buddy is an excellent tools to help you find the right keywords for your videos.
- Annotations: You can add notes to your videos that pop up at certain times. These can help guide viewers to take specific actions, like subscribing to your channel or checking out your website.
- Thumbnails: The thumbnail is the first thing people see when they come across your video in the search results. So make sure it’s something eye-catching that accurately represents what the video is about.
- Tags: Tags are like keywords for your videos. They help YouTube understand what your video is about, and they can also help it show up in the search results.
9. Partner With Other YouTubers
Guest appearances, mash-ups, and interviews with other creators are great ways to get more views and subscribers on YouTube. Collaborating with other YouTubers can help you tap into new audiences and gain exposure for your channel.
For example, if you make commentary videos about pop culture, consider reaching out to a YouTuber who creates similar content and see if they’d be interested in doing a crossover video with you. You can also do a guest appearance on another channel or have another YouTuber interview you for their show.
For instance, Brand Mondo, a hair stylist, and Dr. Mike did a crossover. Dr. Mike posted the following video on his channel while Mondo helped him choose outfits.
Likewise, Mondo also posted a video on his channel where Dr. Mike explains how to cure dry scalp and dandruff. As evident, the video content was relevant to each creator’s specific audience.
When doing YouTube partnerships and crossovers with other creators, you must ensure you create content relevant to your audience and branded for your channel.
10. Host a Giveaway
What could be better than getting free stuff? Hosting a giveaway can bring in more viewers for your YouTube videos. It’s a great way to engage with your audience and get them involved in your content.
Give away something that resonates with your brand and brings you closer to your audience. If you are a vlogger who consistently gets questions on the type of camera that you use or how to set your lighting up, consider giving away a content creator kit with your best goodies.
You can keep rules as simple as liking a video, leaving a comment, and subscribing to your channel. Alternatively, you can make the entry requirements exciting by coming up with creative challenges for your viewers to complete.
Make sure to promote your giveaway across social media platforms to get as many people involved as possible. You can also partner with other YouTubers who have a similar audience to yours to help reach more people.
11. Optimize Your Channel
Optimizing your YouTube channel is instrumental to its success. You can’t have incomplete information or a poor design and expect to draw in viewers and keep them engaged. Here are some tips for optimizing your channel:
- If you’re a company or brand, make sure your profile picture is your logo.
- Set a relevant banner image that shows your latest campaign, product, or event. It should be a minimum of 2560 x 1440 pixels. Even non-designers can do wonders with the tools available today.
- Have a description that’s keyword rich and tells viewers what they can expect from your channel. YouTube has a 1000-character limit, so use it wisely. Incorporate keywords and keep the description to the point.
- Add links to your social media channels and website.
The key is filling in your About section, so potential viewers know what to expect from your channel. Regular updates and a consistent posting schedule are essential to keeping viewers engaged.
5-Minute Crafts, one of the most subscribed channels on YouTube, keeps it precise and simple. They’ve also added a link to their shop so that people know where to buy merchandise.
12. Choose the Right Time to Publish
Fortunately, YouTube now gives you a “When your viewers are on YouTube” report in your Analytics that tells you when your viewers are watching YouTube.
With this information, you know when is the best time to publish your video. Make sure you publish videos when your viewers are most active to maximize your chances of being seen.
13. Transcribe Your YouTube Videos
You might be losing out on view because of language constraints or disabilities. The best solution is to transcribe your videos. You can use a tool like oTranscribe, a free and open-source web app, to transcribe your videos.
Or, you can hire transcription professionals from sites like Fiverr and Upwork for increased accuracy.
As evident, there are several ways to increase views on your YouTube channel. You should also promote your content on other social media platforms. Additionally, you can work with influencers and create playlists to grow your online presence. Plus, engage your audience, encourage them to subscribe to your channel, partner with other content creators, and create SEO-friendly titles and tags.