Who owns which TV channel in Bangladesh?
The first television signal broadcast in Bangladesh was in 1964 under the state-owned television network Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV) in Dhaka, then East Pakistan. From then onwards Bangladesh Television (BTV) had a virtual monopoly until the late 1990s. Since then a number of stations have arrived. Many have also shut down in the process.
This is a list of television stations in Bangladesh currently available on terrestrial, satellite, and cable.
It is given below who is the owner of the TV Channel in Bangladesh:
1) Independent TV: Salman F Rahman.
2) 71 TV: Journalist Mozammel Babu and Meghna Group.
3) Desh TV: Saber Hossain Chowdhury (MP) but Asaduzzaman Nur is running.
4) Boishakhi TV: Business group Destiny. But journalist leader Manjurul Ahsan Bulbul is running.
5) Gazi TV: Gazi Golam Dastagir (MP).
6) Banglavision: Former mayor Sadek Hossain Khoka has the most shares.
6) Channel I: Faridur Reza Sagar (Cultural Worker)
6) This is N Bangla: Mahfuzur Rahman. Journalist J.E. Mamun.
9) This is N News: run by Munni Saha.
10) Mohana TV: Kamal Majumder (MP).
11) Samay TV: Brother of State Minister for Law Kamrul Islam.
12) Channel 24: Hameem Group Chairman Ake Azad.
13) N TV: Mosaddek Hossain Falur.
14) Diganta TV: Jamaat leader Mir Kashem Ali. It is closed now.
15) Islamic TV: Khaleda Zia’s brother Saeed Iskander. It is also closed now.
16) BTV: Official TV Channel.
16) Channel 1: Closed now. The owners were BNP leaders Mirza Abbas and Ghiyasuddin Mamun.
16) RTV: Morshedul Islam (MP) of Bengal Group
19) SA TV: Salauddin Ahmed is the owner of SA Paribahan
20) Channel 9: Enayetur Rahman Bappi of BNP Gharona and Syed Ashraf of Awami League.
21. Ekushey TV: The main initiator of Ekushey Television was Abu Saeed Mahmud. Abdus Salam, the current chairman of Ekushey Television, owns 70% of the television. The remaining 30 percent is owned by 5 out of 6 of the previous 13 entrepreneurs. They are Rauf Chowdhury (Rangs Group), Emran Mahmood (Microwave), Anjan Chowdhury (Square), Abdus Salam (Saraitex), Liaquat Hossain (MAS Square Group).
22) Maasranga TV: Anjan Chowdhury of Square Group.
23) My TV: Nasir Uddin Sathi.
24) Jamuna TV: Nurul Islam Babul of Jamuna Group.
25) Dipta TV: Kazi Jahedul Hasan, owner of Kazi Media Limited.
26) Asian TV: Chairman of the Asian Group of Industries Alhaj Md. Asian Telecast Limited (Asian TV) is owned by Harun-ur-Rashid. Walton Group has bought a large share of the Asian TV channels.
Thanks for your kind intention, I hope it will help you a lot.
If I forgot someone or write something wrong, please forgive me and let me know what is my fault.
Emotions Fact. How to get emotional balance and endless vitality?
Ways that you can increase your survey response rates.
Some of the most interesting facts about human behavior?
Some brain hacks that a Neuroscientist or a Psychologist knows.